Flexiplastics understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Information About Us
Our Flexiplastics website is owned and operated by Specialised Canvas Services, a limited company registered in the UK under company number 2895710, whose registered address is Adelphi Way, Ireland Industrial Estate, Staveley, Chesterfield S43 3LS which is also the main trading address.
Our VAT number is 172778178
Our Data Protection Officer is Commercial Director, Paul Noble, who can be contacted by email at email@example.com by ‘phone on 01246 472949 or by post at the above address.
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a ‘data subject’, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this policy is designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate
- The right to be forgotten – the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to us using your personal data for certain purposes
- Rights with respect to automated profiling
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- Business/company name
- Job title
- Contact information (email addresses/telephone number)
- Financial information (credit/debit card numbers)
- Your device’s IP address
- Your access domain
- Your device’s operating system and browser
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary and for the reason for which it was collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. We may only use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account
- Providing and managing your access to our site
- Supplying our products and services to you (your personal data is required in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you can choose to unsubscribe at any time by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ on any email we send)
- Market research
With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or by post with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary based on the reason for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention determined on the following bases):
- All personal data is kept for the duration of your agreement, or for as long as you are a customer with us. Occasionally we may be legally required to keep the data, in which case we will do so only for the minimum period required by law, after which it will be destroyed.
- If there is any dispute, we will keep the data for its duration, to ensure that we have dealt with the dispute fairly and legally.
- Data relating to live and paid accounts will be kept in our files for six years from the date of settlement or closure.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
Your data will only be stored and held securely in the UK, with printed documents kept in locked filing cabinets at our main trading address and electronic data on secure internal servers and with the level of protection appropriate for such data.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site including stringent access controls and a reliable and robust security firewall.
Do We Share Your Data?
We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are expected to comply with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes, including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us as described above.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available, you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us. Under the GDPR, we will provide any and all information in response to your request. Please contact us for more details at the email address given above, or using the contact details below.
This policy may occasionally be updated to reflect certain legislative requirements. It was last updated on 23rd May 2018.